- 11-Apr-2017 to 08-May-2017 (MST)
- 84720, UT, USA
- Metalcraft Technologies, Inc.
Metalcraft Technologies is a full-service, vertically integrated, aerospace components manufacturer. We fabricate sheet metal parts, machine precision parts, process/finish parts, and build both major and minor assemblies. Metalcraft Technologies is a an MSC Aerospace company.
Description of the duties and responsibilities for the lab intern:
The duties listed will take 15-20 hours/week and the candidate will need to be on-site at least every other day, preferably every day for at least an hour. Hours are flexible.
Laboratory Attendant Internship:
Intern candidate must have basic laboratory skills and knowledge of chemical safety procedures.
Analytical Techniques Used:
- Titrations Acid-Base and Hexavalent Chrome determination
- Spectroscopy (UV-VIS) Spectrophotometric determination of trace metals
- Electrochemical Measurements Conductivity, pH and ISE (ion-selective electrode)
- General Gravimetric and Volumetric Measurements
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine chemical composition/makeup of processing tanks and maintain composition to industry/customer specifications (Weekly).
- Determine contaminate levels for chemical processing tanks (Weekly).
- Run corrosion test panels (Daily checks of pH, water collection rate and solution density).
- Maintain clean and orderly lab (Daily).
- Properly care for and clean lab equipment and glassware, e.g., pipettes, flasks, beakers, etc. (Daily)
- Calibrate pH, ISE and conductivity meters (Daily).
- Document lab results and immediately report any out-of-spec condition (Daily).