- 14-Nov-2016 to 14-Oct-2017 (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Full Time
- Metalcraft Technologies, Inc.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Metalcraft Technologies is a full-service, vertically integrated, aerospace components manufacturer. We fabricate sheet metal parts, machine precision parts, process/finish parts, and build both major and minor assemblies.
JOB SUMMARY: The role of the Manufacturing Planner is to develop and maintain the manufacturing bill of material (MBOM) and create and maintain work instructions within engineering specifications. Utilize textual and graphic instructions in order to develop and maintain efficient detail, sub assembly, assembly and installation planning of bench top assemblies, and analyze and develop tooling requirements and tool work orders to support the manufacturing assembly and installation processes.
- Maintain aircraft fabrication of detailed parts, assembly, sub assembly and installation plans
- Create and maintain tool work orders to facilitate manufacturing processes
- Build production routers efficiently and correctly from instructions and write instructions using technical terminology
- Consistently collaborate with others to ensure the job gets done correctly
- Participate and incorporate Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Complete all required training and any additional training required by supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to get along with co-workers and be a team player
- Comfortable using 3D software and 2D software, such as AutoCAD
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of machining and manufacturing processes
- Basic to intermediate computer skills required, such as word documents, excel workbooks, outlook, etc
- Basic knowledge on how to use precision measuring and alignment devices to inspect if parts meet engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of customer specifications and requirements
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Working knowledge of MTI's traveler (router, bill of materials, etc.)
- Mastery of basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions)
- Understand and obey safety requirements
- Commitment to keep work area clean and free of debris
- Able to understand and communicate in English
- Working knowledge of Employee Handbook
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Less than 12 months or on the job training.
EDUCATION REQUIRMENTS: Vocational/technical training or associates degree, with education in CAD, CAM or an engineering equivalent; or equivalent years of experience clerking in an aerospace manufacturing setting.
ABOUT MSC AEROSPACE:
MSC Aerospace (www.mscaerospace.com) is a family of integrated and synergistic companies with aerospace related operations. Besides producing the SJ30 light business jet, MSC Aerospace companies support the manufacture and assembly of aircraft components for many leading commercial and military customers.